Attractions and Museums in Istanbul

İstanbul, which has a very wide and old history, has been home to two great empires and religions. Although hundreds of years have passed, many artefacts, buildings and structures have survived to the present day. There are so many spots to visit in İstanbul, which is visited by millions of local and foreign tourists every year. It is recommended that those who want to visit İstanbul to spend a minimum of 1 week. It is recommended that those who want to save time make a good plan and see the close points and areas within a day.  Places to visit in İstanbul include Galata Tower, Galata Bridge, Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia Museum, Blue Mosque, Sultanahmet Square, Basilica Cistern, Suleymaniye Mosque, Dolmabahce Palace, Yildiz Palace, Ciragan Palace, Rumeli Fortress, Anatolian Fortress, Haydarpasa Train Station, Grand Camlica Hill, Maiden’s Tower, Taksim Square, Istiklal Street, İstanbul Modern, Bosphorus Bridge, Golden Horn, Pierre Loti Hill, Ortakoy Square, Ahrida Synagogue, Kalenderhane Mosque, Fatih Mosque, Tiled Mosque, Beyazit Square, Bozdogan Arch, Ataturk Arboretum, İstanbul Archeology Museum, Kariye Museum, Turkish and Islamic Works Museum, Sakıp Sabancı Museum, Rahmi Koç Museum, Sadberk Hanım Museum, İstanbul Toy Museum, İstanbul Naval Museum, Great Palace Mosaics Museum, Sirkeci Railway Museum, Vakılar Carpet and Rug Museum, Ural Ataman Classic Car Museum, Anadolu Lighthouse and many more places.  

Galata Tower

Galata Tower, which is among the symbolic structures of İstanbul, also forms the silhouette of İstanbul. The tower, which was thought to have been built during the Genoese period in the middle of the 14th century, was named as the Galata tower during the Byzantine era. It is one of the oldest towers in the world and was used as prisons, shelters, fire towers and observatories during the Ottomans period. The tower was occupied by the British in the recent past and used as a police station and is now used for tourism purposes.
The tower is approximately 70 meters high and has a wall thickness of 3.75 meters and a radius of 16.45 meters. One of the interesting features of the tower was that during the reign of the Ottoman king Murad IV, Hezarfen Ahmet Çelebi had jumped out of the tower by wings and flew to Üsküdar.
The Galata Tower, which is open every day, offers spectacular views of İstanbul, Hagia Sophia, Sultanahmet and the Bosphorus. Most recently, it underwent restoration in 1965-1967 and gained its present condition. 
Those who want to go to Galata Tower can be easily reached after 500 meters walk from the end of Istiklal Street. Those wishing to come by Eminönü can easily reach the Tower by going up the slope on Bankalar Street. 

Topkapi Palace

The building, which was used as a museum today, was once the home of the Ottoman sultans and their families for 400 years. Completed towards the end of the 7th century, the building is one of the places that visitors to İstanbul should definitely see. Visitors to the Topkapi palace have a spectacular panoramic view of İstanbul and the Bosphorus. 

Among the exhibits in the Topkapi Palace are archaeological artifacts, sacred relics that are very important for the Islamic world, precious diamonds, stones, products made of gold and jewellery from the Ottoman period, different kinds of weapons, arrows, the world’s fifth-largest diamond, the third most important collection of porcelain in the world, Chinese and Japanese porcelains and many products made of silver. Museum cardholders can enter the Topkapi Palace free of charge. The Harem, Zülüflü Baltacılar Ward and Hagia Irene Church in the palace require additional tickets. Those who want to come to the Topkapi Palace, which is directly opposite the Blue Mosque, behind the Hagia Sophia museum, can easily reach by using the metro line, tram line and public transportation.  

Visiting Hours: October 30 – April 15 between 09:00 and 16:45. April 15 – October 30 between 08:00 and 19:00.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<


Galata Bridge

Galata Bridge, which is used by those who want to go fishing or to tourist spots such as Grand Bazaar and Egyptian Bazaar, is used by thousands of people and vehicles every day.  The best fish restaurants in İstanbul are also located under the Galata Bridge. Galata Bridge, which is one of the popular spots for those who want to take pictures of İstanbul from different points, is located close to many attractions.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Hagia Sophia Museum

After the conquest of Constantinople by Fatih Sultan Mehmet, the building was turned into a mosque and the icons and mosaics were covered. As the building was partially affected by earthquakes and natural disasters over time, it was restored by the most famous architect of the period, Mimar Sinan.   The building, which served two great religions, was converted into a museum on 1 February 1935. The Hagia Sophia, which is shown as the eighth wonder of the world, is open to visitors every day and for a fee, the museum cardholders can visit free of charge. The metro line, tram line and public transportation are easily accessible for those who want to visit the Hagia Sophia Museum, which is located just opposite the Sultan Ahmet Mosque.Visiting Hours: From April 15th to October 31st between 09:00 and 19:00. From November 1st to April 15th from 09:00 to 17:00.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Sultan Ahmet Mosque (Blue Mosque)

The mosque was built between 1609-1617 in 7 years and has 6 minarets. The dome of the mosque has a height of 43 meters and a diameter of 23.5 meters. The lights entering through the windows around the dome make the dome look like it is hanging in the air. The interior of the mosque is decorated with more than 20 thousand green, blue, red and brown tiles. The Mosque is also known as the Blue Mosque because of the blue colour used in the mosque. On the wall of the mosque facing Mecca, a beautiful black prayer was brought from a black stone brought from Mecca. Due to the 260 windows in the mosque, it has a very bright appearance and 12 different types of marble were used to give the best acoustic layout. There are many points to see around the Blue Mosque and its surrounding area. These include the 1st Tomb of Ahmet, madrasah, Turkish bath, muvakkithane, library, Arasta Bazaar, Darüş-şifa and Hünkar Pavilion.

Visiting Hours:

The mosque is closed to visitors during worship hours

Between 08:30 and 19:30 in the summer. 

On Fridays between 13:30 to 18:30. 

During the winter between 08:30 and 17:00 On Fridays between 14:30 and 17:00. 

Those who want to go to Sultanahmet Mosque should use the Bağcılar-Kabataş tram line and those who will come on the Anatolian side can use Kabataş or Eminönü sea buses while if you’re considering coming with a private car you should remember that it might be a bit difficult. 

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Anadolu Lighthouse

The Anadolu Lighthouse is at the northern end of the Bosphorus, where the Bosphorus meets the Black Sea and guides the ships coming from the Black Sea to the Bosphorus. The lighthouse, which gives its name to the village where it is located, is 75 meters and 20 meters high from the sea. The village, where the lighthouse is located, is one of the preferred spots for those who want to visit at the weekend and have a picnic.  Those who want to go to Anadolu Lighthouse by private car can go to Beykoz by following Poyrazköy-Anadolu Lighthouse sign. Those who want to go by public transport can use the city buses departing from Beykoz or city lines departing from Eminönü.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Rumeli Lighthouse

During the Crimean War of 1855, it was put into service along with the Anadolu lighthouse on the opposite bank, which was built to allow French and British warships to cross the Bosphorus easily into the Black Sea. The height of the lighthouse, which was established at a height of 58 meters above sea level, is 30 meters. In the area where the lighthouse is a small fishing town, the lighthouse is visited especially in the summer months by those who want to have breakfast on the weekends and fish lovers. Bus 150 can be used to visit the lighthouse and the village.  

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Basilica Cistern
İstanbul has such a rich history that there are many places that can be seen underground. The Basilica Cistern is one of the places which the visitors don’t leave İstanbul before seeing. The Basilica Cistern was built by the Emperor Justinian to meet the water needs of the city. Due to the presence of a basilica at the site of the building, the basilica cistern was built with brick walls of 4.8 meters and the floor was covered with a thick layer to prevent water leakage. The building, which has 336 columns and a water storage capacity of approximately 100 thousand tons, currently serves as a museum for tourism. It also hosts various activities such as painting exhibitions and classical music concerts.

Museum cardholders can enter the Basilica Cistern free of charge.
The Basilica Cistern is open every day of the week except the first day of religious holidays and can be visited between 09:00 and 17:30.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Sultanahmet Square

Sultanahmet Square, which is one of the most visited squares by local and foreign tourists, is also known as Hippodrome and Horse Square. The square has witnessed many important events throughout history, there were executions in the trees in the square in the time of the Byzantines and Ottomans. Although the square, which was invaded in Latin in 1204, survived from being destroyed, many artefacts found in the square by the crusaders were looted and kidnapped to the Vatican and Venice. Due to earthquakes and natural disasters in history, only three works have survived today, which are: Obelisk, Serpentine Column and Knitted Column. Visitors to the Blue Mosque can easily find and see this square.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

The Obelisk of Sultanahmet

İstanbul, which served as the capital of the emperors, has always been regarded as the centre of the world and this stone was erected to prove it. The location of the stone is accepted as the zero points of the world. The stone was first erected in the temple of Amora in the city of Karnak in memory of the victories won by Pharaoh Tutmosis 3 in 1450 BC but was brought from Egypt by ships between 361-363 by the emperor Julianus, but the stone was not seized for 30 years. After 32 days of work during the Theodosius period, the stone was erected on the marble base. The stone, which is 19,59 meters high, is made of one-piece marble granite and has almost no wear and tear on it.  The triumph of Pharaoh is explained with hieroglyphic inscriptions on four sides of the column. Thousands of visitors to the Blue Mosque can also see the nearby obelisk.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

 Serpentine Column

It was first erected in the temple of Apollo in Delphi between 480-479 BC to commemorate the victory of the Greeks against the Persians. The Byzantine emperor Constantine was dismantled for the reconstruction of İstanbul and was erected to the Hippodrome, now known as the Hippodrome, in Sultanahmet Square. It was looted by the crusaders in 1204, like many historical monuments. It is estimated that the column was also used as a fountain according to the excavations and researches. Some of the columns under the rising ground was unearthed in 1856 during the excavations. The column in Sultanahmet Square is visited by thousands of people every year without any charge.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Knitted Column

Located in the south of the Sultanahmet square, The column was built during the reign of Emperor Constantine 7. The height of the column, which is higher than the other monuments in Sultanahmet Square, is 32 meters. It is named as knitted column because of its knitting shape. A material similar to stone, brick and cement was used in the construction of the column and it is known that there was a bronze sphere at the top of the column in the year it was built.
During the Latin invasion in 1204, copper plates and spheres on the column were removed and used by the crusaders to make stolen coins. The column in Sultanahmet Square can be visited free of charge.    

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Süleymaniye Mosque

It was built between 1551-1557 by Mimar Sinan on behalf of Suleyman the Magnificent, one of the Ottoman sultans. Suleymaniye Mosque was built not only for worship purposes but for many different purposes. Important guests visiting İstanbul for purposes other than worshipping are welcomed here, and the mosque is also used in services such as health care, education service and social activities. The main entrance door of the mosque, the entrance to the inner courtyard and the wonderful architectural structure in the mosque fascinates its visitor. The main dome of the mosque, which has a height of 48,23 meters and a diameter of 26,30 meters, is supported by seven semidomes, two big five small, and surrounded by 30 cupolas.

Four minarets were built in the Suleymaniye Mosque, which is due to the fact that Suleiman the Magnificent was the fourth sultan after the conquest of İstanbul and that the ten honours found in the four minarets represented Suleiman the tenth sultan of the Ottoman period.   The mosque, built on the third hill of İstanbul, is located on the Golden Horn side of the hill and offers a magnificent view to its visitors as seen from many points of İstanbul.    The mosque in the Suleymaniye neighbourhood is easy to reach by walking from Eminonu or by taking the Kabatas-Bagcilar tram line at Laleli University stop and after a short walk. The mosque can be visited free of charge between 09:00 and 18:00 every day of the year except the first day of religious holidays.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Dolmabahçe Palace

It was built by Sultan Abdülmecit between 1843-1856. This structure, which was built in Baroque style, was borrowed from Western countries and became a subject of debate over time. From 1856 to 1924, it was home to 6 Ottoman sultans and the Ottoman caliph Abdülmecid.
The palace, with 285 rooms, 46 halls, 6 baths and 68 toilets, consists of 16 different sections. Built on an area of more than 110,000 square meters, the palace was used as the President’s office from 1927 to 1949. Visitors to the Dolmabahçe palace will have the opportunity to see highly valuable works of art and collections of various types of historical artefacts.

The founder of modern Turkey, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, used the building until 1938 and 10 November 1938, where he died. Some of the Dolmabahçe palace, which has been used as a museum since 1984, is now used in official works. 

Those who want to go to Dolmabahçe Palace, which is a 15-minute walk from Taksim Square, should come to Kabataş by taking the buses or trams going to Beşiktaş and take a short walk from here. Museum Card is not valid in the Dolmabahçe Palace, which is visited for a fee, and it is open to visitors between 09:00 and 16:00 every day of the week except Mondays and Thursdays.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Yıldız Palace

Located in Besiktas district of İstanbul, Yildiz Palace is among the most beautiful palaces of İstanbul with its pavilions, villas, magnificent gardens and unique architectural structure. It was built by Selim III at the end of the 18th century on an area of 500 thousand square meters. The Ottoman sultan, who first settled in the palace, which was also used as the administrative centre of the Ottoman Empire for a period, was the 2nd Abdulhamid.

Those who want to visit Yıldız palace can easily reach there with public transportation after going to Yıldız Technical University stop by using the buses 25T-280-30A-43R-103-110-112. Museum cardholders can enter the palace free of charge and the palace open to visitors every day between 09:00 and 16:00 except Mondays.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Ciragan Palace

The palace was built in 1874 by Sultan Abdulaziz by obtaining 4,5 million gold loans from foreign countries. Designed by Nikogos Balyan, the building was used as a royal residence by the Ottoman Empire. One of the Ottoman sultans, Abdulaziz lived here for a period and died in this palace. The palace, which was damaged in a fire in 1910, was restored in 1990 and transformed into a luxury hotel and event centre.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Rumeli Fortress

It was started to be built by Fatih Sultan Mehmet on 15 April 1452 and completed on 31 August 1452. The purpose of having the Rumeli fortress built at the narrowest part of the Bosphorus was to keep İstanbul safe from the dangers coming from the Black Sea. Opposite with the Anatolian fortress built in the 14th century, it looks like a mutual checkpoint. The fortress of Rumeli, in which the Ottoman sultan Fatih Sultan Mehmet himself worked, was completed in 4 months.
The Rumeli Fortress has four towers, Saruca Pasha, Halil Pasha, Zagnos Pasha and small Zagnos Pasha, and the 13 largest bastions in the world.
Saruca Pasha Tower is 9 storeys and has a diameter of 23,30 meters, a wall thickness of 7 meters and a height of 28 meters. Zagnos Pasha Tower has 8 floors and has a diameter of 26.70 meters, a wall thickness of 5.70 meters and a height of 21 meters. The Halil Pasha Tower has a 9-storey tower with a diameter of 23.30 meters, a wall thickness of 6.5 meters and a height of 22 meters. In the Hisar, there are 6 gates; Mountain gate, Dizdar gate, Hisar veil gate and Sel gate, ammunition and food cellars, fountain and minaret from the mosque.  
Rumeli Fortress was used as a military base, camp and prison where prisoners of war were kept. The open-air theatre, which was restored in 1953, now hosts international events, concerts and shows.   

All year-round, the castle can be visited between 09:00 and 17:00 for a fee and museum cardholders can visit free of charge. Buses 40T-42T-25E and 22 go to Rumeli Fortress, Aşiyan and Rumeli Hisar Üstü stop in Sarıyer. Among the alternative means of transport, transportation by sea buses, Metrobus and metro are also very easy.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

*Anadolu Fortress:
The Anadolu fortress, built on one of the narrowest spots of the Bosphorus, fascinates its visitors with its magnificent view of the Bosphorus and its nature. Restaurants, cafes and tea gardens serve the visitors around the Anadolu fortress, within walking distance. It is one of the most visited spots, especially on weekends.
It is very easy to get to the Anatolian fortress, which is 14 km away, from Çengelköy, İstinye, Eminönü, Kabataş or Beşiktaş to Üsküdar by ferry.     

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Haydarpasa Train Station

In 1873 The construction of Haydarpaşa Train Station, which is the starting point of Anatolia’s first railway and Hicaz railway line, started to build in 1906 and started its operations in 1908. German and Italian stone masters worked together to build the station, which was built on the construction of another station. It is known that the station was named after Ottoman pashas. The railway station, which has a very important place in history, is planned as U-shaped and has five floors. Station date in Europe, Asia and Turkey have been used as a central point of many passenger and freight transport. The garage, which survived many times of fire, was damaged in a tanker accident in 1979 and some of the stained-glass windows were damaged. The latest fire in 2010 damaged the upper floors of the station.

Those who want to see Haydarpaşa station in Kadıköy should go to Kadıköy. 

Address: Rasimpaşa Neighborhood 34716 Kadıköy 

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

 Büyük Çamlıca Hill:

With its 265 meters height, Çamlıca Hill, which i the highest point of İstanbul, offers a magnificent view of İstanbul to its visitors. Among the points that can be seen from Çamlıca hill in good weather, the summit of Uludağ, which is located in the Marmara Sea, Adalar, Golden Horn, Beyoğlu, Boğaziçi and Bursa can be seen. There are suitable areas for those who want to walk in the park, which is built on the hill, and for those who want to take beautiful photographs, the magnificent landscape awaits visitors. The park on the hill also serves businesses to meet the food and beverage needs of visitors. Çamlıca Hill, which is a stopping point for birds migrating to Africa in September and October, is also a stopping point for those who want to take magnificent İstanbul photographs.

Those who want to go to Çamlıca hill should first come to Altunizade and use the minibuses to Çamlıca hill. For those who want to go to Üsküdar, take the bus to Kısıklı and get off at Çamlıca stop. Those who want to go with their private vehicles can easily reach Altunizade by following the signs.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Maiden’s Tower

The Maiden’s Tower built in the 18th century is among the most important symbols of the Bosphorus. Maiden’s Tower, which has many different functions since its inception, is used as a restaurant after being used as quarantine centre, lighthouse, customs control point and teller where ships pay the toll. It is recommended that those who want to ake the magnificent pictures of Kızkulesi which is one of the most pictures taken in the world, should go to the release point in Üsküdar. The tower, which was repaired in 1943, was restored in 2000 and restored to its present appearance. Kızkulesi, which can be visited on a paid basis every day of the year, is organized by Uskudar Salacak every 15 minutes.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Taksim Square

Taksim Square, which is one of the places that come to mind when İstanbul is mentioned, is located at the beginning of Istiklal Street. Taksim Square, which is also chosen as the meeting point of the people, has a lot of human traffic every day.
The Taksim Victory Monument in the square was built in 1928 by the Italian sculptor Pietro Canonica by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk in memory of the Turkish War of Independence.   
Taksim Square is home to national holidays, football and New Year’s celebrations, while the shops, hotels, restaurants and cafes of world-renowned brands also serve its visitors. 
There is public transportation from Taksim to İstanbul.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

İstiklal Street

İstiklal Street, which is one of the first places that come to mind when İstanbul is mentioned, is visited and walked by thousands of people every day. Starting from Taksim Square and extending to Beyoğlu, the street is 1400 meters long and contains many social and cultural areas including shops, shops, restaurant chains, hotels, bookstores, entertainment venues of world-famous brands. The street, which is closed to vehicle traffic, is visited by approximately 3 million people every day.

Visitors to İstanbul are advised to experience the nostalgic atmosphere by taking the nostalgic tram that has been in service since 1869 if they have time to walk along the Istiklal street, which has a very different atmosphere The Istiklal street, which also includes embassy buildings, is also very close to the sights of İstanbul and the second oldest and shortest metro in Europe is at the end of Istiklal Street. 
Those who want to go to Istiklal Street can use the Taksim buses departing from any point of İstanbul or by using the metros that go towards Taksim. 

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Istanbul Modern

Turkey’s first modern art museum İstanbul Modern art museum was founded in 2004 on 8000 square meters. The museum, which has been visited by more than 7 million people to date, serves its visitors with its exhibition halls, photo exhibitions, library, cinema, free educational programs, shops and restaurants.
The museum, which can be visited free of charge every Thursday, opens its doors free of charge to young people aged 18-25 every Tuesday.  Those who want to visit the museum are advised to check the museum’s visiting hours on the website before going.  

The museum, which is closed on Monday, can be visited free of charge from 10:00 to 20:00 on Thursday and is open to visitors from 10:00 to 18:00 on other days. 
For those who want to see the modern art museum, you can get to the museum by taking the buses from Beşiktaş to Eminönü and get to the museum easily from here, or take the tram from Kabataş and get off at the Tophane stop.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Bosphorus Bridge

The construction of the bridge connecting Europe and Asia was started in February 1970 and opened to traffic on 29 October 1973, the 50th year of the proclamation of the Republic. With a width of 39 meters and a height of 64 meters above sea level, it is the sixth-longest suspension bridge in the world with a length of 1560 meters. In the years when it was built, 30,000 vehicles pass through the bridge and 200,000 vehicles pass daily.
The bridge, which was open to pedestrian traffic from 1973 to 1978, was closed to pedestrian traffic in 1978 and nowadays it is opened to pedestrian traffic only on the days when the Eurasia marathon is run.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<


Haliç, which is one of the most visited places by the local and foreign tourists visiting İstanbul, as well as the people living in İstanbul, has an important place in history. The port of Haliç, which is shown among natural harbours, has been home to wars and trade ships. It is also known as the Golden Horn (Golden Horn) because it has a geographic structure in the form of a horn and its waters take on the golden colour at sunset.

Located in Haliç, which has a very old history, the Fener and Balat district are flooded with Ottoman wooden houses, churches, synagogues and magnificent streets. There are many hotels and hostels for those who want to stay in the Golden Horn and the surrounding area.
Pierre Loti hill, which is close to the Golden Horn, is among the recommended spots to visit and to have a magnificent view. Those who want to go to Haliç by public transportation can get on Metrobus and get off at Ayvansaray stop and reach Haliç easily.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Pierre Loti Hill

The hill, which is one of the most beautiful spots where you can watch the unique view of İstanbul, is got its name from the French writer Pierre Loti whose real name is Louis Marie Julien. The author settled in İstanbul in 1876 and is often said to have come up this hill and wrote novels. There is also a tea garden on the hill with the same name to meet the food and beverage needs of the visitors. Those who want to take different photos of İstanbul are definitely recommended to stop by this hill and see the Golden Horn from here.     
There are many different ways to get to the top of Pierre Loti. Among these, you can go to the Pierre Loti Hill by cable car from Eyüp, you can go to Eyüp by public transport and reach the hill after a short walk.Bus line numbers passing through Pierre Loti are 36C-37M-39-39B-39C-39C-39D-39Y-41Y-44B-48A-48E-86V-94Y-99A-99Y-R3-TB1-399B-399C

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Ortaköy Square

The square in Ortaköy is one of the most popular squares in İstanbul. The square, which is frequently visited by young people, is very active, especially at the weekend. For those who want to take the best photos of İstanbul, Ortakoy Square offers a magnificent view of the sea, the Bosphorus and the Bosphorus Bridge.  Ortaköy Square is among the most popular meeting places of İstanbul residents with its magnificent atmosphere. Those who want to go to Ortakoy square can easily go there by buses from Besiktas and Kabatas, or they can reach Ortakoy with a 20-minute walk from Besiktas.    

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Ahrida Synagogue

Founded in the Byzantine period, the synagogue is the oldest synagogue in İstanbul and is still open to worship today. Those wishing to visit the synagogue, which has a congregation of approximately 500 people, are allowed to visit in advance by appointment and only through tour agencies. The building, which was built in Baroque style, was devastated by the great İstanbul fire of 24 July 1660. It was renovated on May 10, 1694, and renovated between 1709 and 1995 and has gained its present appearance. Buses 55T and 99A are available for those who want to go to the synagogue in the Balat district of İstanbul. Address: Gevgili street / Balat

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Kalenderhane Mosque (Istanbul)

The building, which was built as a church, was renovated several times during the period. It was converted into a mosque shortly after the conquest of İstanbul in 1453. The building has a cross-shaped plan and some decorative artefacts from the period when it was consecrated as the Church of the Virgin Mary are striking. Among them are fresco pieces and marble panels adorning the entrance hall. The mosque has magnificent architecture and was last renovated in 1968. In 1970, a series of frescoes, which were not in place and depictions of Saint Francesco’s life, were removed and protected to prevent them from being worn out. The mosque is located in Fatih / Vefa district of İstanbul and can be visited free of charge. Those who want to see the mosque, which is 5 km away frın the Blue Mosque, can get off at the Vezneciler stop of the metro and reach the mosque after a 5-minute walk.

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Istanbul Fatih Mosque

Built by Fatih Sultan Mehmet between 1462 and 1470, the mosque has a madrasah, tabhane, soup kitchen, bathhouse, fountain, courtyard walls, hair door, mihrab, surrounding walls and library. Some parts of the mosque complex have not survived to date due to earthquakes. Fatih mosque, which is the first mosque where Turkish prayer is read, was built in baroque style and has a dome with a diameter of 26 meters. If you want to see the Fatih Mosque, you can come to Eminönü by public transport and reach the Fatih Mosque. Address: Ali Kuşçu Neighborhood Calligraphy Nafiz St. No: 6 34083 Fatih

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Çinili (Tiled) Mosque

It was built in 1640 in the form of a complex by Mahpeyker Kösem Valide Sultan, the wife of the 1st Ottoman Sultan. The mosque, which was destroyed due to earthquakes and other natural events, was restored in 1938 and 1965. The interior walls of the mosque are covered with Iznik tiles dating from the 16th century and thus it is called as a tiled mosque. If you want to go to see the mosque, you can reach the mosque by taking the bus number 12A which passes in front of the Üsküdar station. Address: Validei Atik Neighborhood/ Amele St.No: 1 Üsküdar 

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Beyazıt Square

Beyazıt Square is one of the oldest and most important squares in İstanbul. İstanbul University is located to the north of Beyazit Square. Built-in the 19th century, the university has a tower that can be seen from the outside. The tower, which was made of marble in 1828, was used as a fire watchtower during the Ottoman Empire. Beyazit square has been the scene of a very important event occurred in the history of Roman, Byzantine, the Ottoman Empire and Turkey. The struggle for independence given that Turkey is occupying forces on several occasions with the participation of thousands of people have been protesting in the square. As Beyazıt Square is centrally located, transportation is quite easy. It is very easy to reach the square by tram and metro from Eminönü, Sirkeci, Kabataş and Zeytinburnu. 

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Bozdogan aqueduct

Built to meet the water needs of the city in the 4th century BC and to bring water to the city from distant points, the total length of the aqueduct in the city centre is 1 km and 625 meters of it has survived today. The Bozdoğan Aqueduct was used to bring water to the city until the end of the 19th century. The aqueduct, which was damaged as a result of natural disasters in different periods, was restored and continued to be used. With the development of technology and the establishment of a modern water transport and distribution system over time, Bozdoğan Aqueduct has been out of use. 
Bozdoğan Aqueduct is located on Atatürk Boulevard in Fatih district and it is very easy to reach there by public transportation from every point of İstanbul. 

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Atatürk Arboretum

Completed in 1961, Atatürk Arboretum artificial lakes within an area of 296 hectares was established Turkey’s first nursery and a wide collection of tree and plant species are hosted. Atatürk Arboretum cooperates with other botanical gardens in the world for seed and seedling supply. Many endemic plants and plants with extinction danger of vanishing in Turkey are exhibited here to inform the visitors.

It is strictly forbidden to ride bicycles, motorcycles, motor vehicles, bring pets, food, drinks and have picnics and barbecues in this area.
The Atatürk Arboretum is open to visitors from Monday to Friday and is open to members only at the weekend. Atatürk Arboretum can be visited for an entrance fee and groups must make an appointment in advance.

Visiting hours are between 08:30 – 20:00 in summer and 08:30 – 17:00 in winter except for Mondays.

Those who want to go to Atatürk Arboretum by public transport can get off at the Hacıosman stop by Metro and take the Bahçeköy bus number 42HM and reach the Arboretum after a 20-minute journey.  

>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<

Do you want to subscribe our newsletter?

You can be informed of updates by subscribing to our newsletter.

You can unsubscribe by clicking the link beneath our emails.


İstanbul, which is a bridge connecting East and West with Asia and Europe, is one of the oldest and richest cities in the world.


It is estimated that the oldest date...

■ Antalya

It is rumoured that Antalya, which was under the dominance of...

■Mersin Shopping

Souvenirs stand out the most among the products bought by holidaymakers in Mersin. The products sold...


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

You may want to seeRECOMMENDS